Apheris is a deep tech company with the mission to fundamentally change how organizations collaborate securely and extract value from data.
The Apheris Platform empowers organizations to securely analyze data across organizations while keeping proprietary information private. Multiple organizations with complementary data can jointly use the Apheris Platform to create an Apheris Data Ecosystem and generate shared value from their data. We have set up such Data Ecosystems for top 10 pharma and chemical R&D enterprises and are ready for more.
Enabling new ways of collaboration and innovation is not just our purpose, collaboration is as well one of our core values. We are driven by impact and strive for the impossible. We build a safe environment for our team where we are responsible together and everyone commits to take up ownership. Together, we create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We are always hungry to learn and stay humble while we grow.
Our interdisciplinary team of industry-leading researchers and engineers at the intersection of data privacy, cryptography and computational sciences is backed by top investors and tech industry innovators, including LocalGlobe, MuleSoft founder Ross Mason and Twitter board chairman Patrick Pichette (former CFO of Google). With their help, we currently focus on productization of a general-purpose product core and on developing an engine for growth to win our next 10 early customers. If you want to join us in this exciting and rapid growth phase and collaborate with us, we would love to get to know you.
About the role
As an AWS Solution Engineer at Apheris, you will be in charge of designing and implementing software solutions to enhance our AWS cloud-native product core. With our team of great software engineers and data scientists, you will be working on challenging deep tech projects closely together with customers from various industries, specifically Healthcare. Leveraging your expertise, you will be co-responsible for meeting project and product goals and act accordingly to upcoming bottlenecks. We empower you to be a major contributor to the success of projects, customer’s satisfaction, and the advancement of our product core.
What you will do
- Design our product solution architecture on Amazon Web Services – i.e., design solutions comprising multiple AWS services and select implementation approaches
- Be a hands-on engineering contributor by crafting software
- Promote best practices in our tech team
- Define concepts and blueprints providing constraints and guidelines for the evolution of our product solution architecture
- Explore novel AWS technologies (e.g., to improve functionality, performance, security), evaluate their potential and maturity and present learnings back to the team
- Create clear and reusable architecture diagrams and drawings
- Review AWS implementations and proposed solutions of other team members (e.g., AWS CDK/Cloudformation scripts) and provide constructive feedback
You should apply if
- 7+ years of relevant working experience or a Bachelor / Master / PhD in Computer Science or related fields (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Engineering) and 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Expert experience with AWS services and cloud-native application development – including AWS services such as EC2, VPC, Step Functions, CloudFormation, CDK, container services such as ECR and ECS, CloudWatch
- Experience with Git, Git flow concepts, as well as CI/CD with AWS services
- Good knowledge of architectural methodologies and frameworks
- Passionate about continuous learning, demonstrated agility in quickly adopting and mastering new technologies
- Excellent communicator: you are fluent in English (verbal and written) and communicate in a constructive and proactive manner
- You are confident to take ownership of a problem, gather ideas to solve it and convey your approach efficiently
- You have genuine interest in working with cutting-edge technology in a fast-paced environment and a young start-up
- You can come at least two days per week to our Berlin office
Bonus points if
- AWS Certification (e.g. Solution Architect, Developer, DevOps Engineer)
- Experience with statistics and machine learning
- Experience in developing enterprise-grade software for large B2B products
- Experience building distributed or federated systems
- Experience working as part of an agile product development team
- Experience with project management and leadership
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements, but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Access to an employee participation program
- Personal budget for conferences, books, trainings and courses
- The right hardware to make you efficient – be it a laptop with Linux, Windows or a MacBook
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul Lincke Ufer)
- Possibility for partial remote work several days per week, according to your preference
Our interview process is split into three phases:
- Initial Screening: If your application matches our requirements, our hiring manager will invite you to an initial video call. In this 45 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. Our hiring manager will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have.
- Deep Dive: Your second video call will be with a domain expert from our team. Our interviewer will assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about meaningful experiences or your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for two to three hours of interviewing with our founders, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.
We are inspired by complexity and driven by impact – apply now and join a team that is set to build the next large tech company!
We appreciate your interest in Apheris. Please fill in the following short form. Should you have any difficulties in uploading your files, please contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org