We are Apheris, a deep tech company at the forefront of the AI revolution that is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent how organizations collaborate and extract value from data.
The Apheris Platform sets out to empower organizations to securely analyze distributed data of multiple parties, while keeping proprietary information private. Our platform allows multiple organizations with complementary data to create an Apheris Data Ecosystem and generate shared value from their data. We have set up such Data Ecosystems for large enterprise customers in healthcare, pharma and chemical R&D, and we are ready for the next big challenges.
Our company is a community of interdisciplinary and industry-leading researchers and engineers. As a team, we work to solve complex problems in order to revolutionize the ways that our customers can interact with data. We are driven by our high-impact values and strive for the impossible. Together, we aim to create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We take pride in Apheris’ supportive environment and share responsibilities and ownership. We are proactive thinkers, are hungry to learn and stay humble as we grow.
We are backed by top investors and tech industry innovators, including LocalGlobe, MuleSoft founder Ross Mason and Twitter board chairman Patrick Pichette (former CFO of Google) and we work closely with Fortune 500 customers to develop our globally leading enterprise Apheris Platform for federated and privacy preserving data science. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recruiting for ambitious and adventurous team members to help us build a better future for data.
About the role
As a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer at Apheris, you will be in charge of designing and implementing software solutions to enhance our cloud-native product core, consisting of both AWS services and cloud-agnostic services. With our team of great software engineers and data scientists, you will be working on challenging deep tech projects closely together with customers from various industries, specifically Healthcare. Leveraging your expertise, you will be co-responsible for meeting project and product goals and act accordingly to upcoming bottlenecks. We empower you to be a major contributor to the success of projects, customer’s satisfaction, and the advancement of our product core.
What you will do
- Design our product solution architecture in a cloud-agnostic manner, leveraging containerization technologies such as Kubernetes/Docker
- Realize secure microservices-based distributed systems, leveraging authentication, authorization, encryption and more
- Be a hands-on engineering contributor by crafting clear and reusable code
- Promote best practices in our tech team
- Define concepts and blueprints providing constraints and guidelines for the evolution of our product solution architecture
- Explore novel technologies (e.g., to improve functionality, performance, security), evaluate their potential and maturity and present learnings back to the team
- Review implementations and proposed solutions of other team members and provide constructive feedback
You should apply if
- 7+ years of relevant working experience, or a Bachelor / Master / PhD in Computer Science or related fields (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Engineering) and 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Expert experience with building distributed/federated systems, including Docker, Kubernetes, and microservices architectures in general
- Experience with cloud technologies and providers (preferably AWS) with a focus on security, scalability and maintainability
- Experience with implementing infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with Git, Git flow concepts, as well as DevOps and CI/CD
- Good knowledge of architectural methodologies and frameworks
- Passionate about continuous learning, demonstrated agility in quickly adopting and mastering new technologies
- Excellent communicator: you are fluent in English (verbal and written) and communicate in a constructive and proactive manner
- You are confident to take ownership of a problem, gather ideas to solve it and convey your approach efficiently
- You have genuine interest in working with cutting-edge technology in a fast-paced environment and a young start-up
Bonus points if
- Experience in designing, building and operating large-scale products consisting of several distributed services / microservices connected via the public internet, involving technologies like gRPC
- Good knowledge of modern Microservices and Web Application Security (e.g., OWASP)
- Experience with multiple cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack) and on-premise setups (e.g., locally hosted Kubernetes)
- Based in Berlin
- Experience in developing enterprise-grade software for large B2B products
- Experience working as part of an agile product development team
- Experience with project management and leadership
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements, but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Access to an employee participation program
- Personal budget for conferences, books, trainings and courses
- The right hardware to make you efficient – be it a laptop with Linux, Windows or a MacBook
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul Lincke Ufer)
Our interview process is split into three phases:
- Initial Screening: If your application matches our requirements, our hiring manager will invite you to an initial video call. In this 45 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. Our hiring manager will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have.
- Deep Dive: Your second video call will be with a domain expert from our team. Our interviewer will assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about meaningful experiences or your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for two to three hours of interviewing with our founders, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.
We are inspired by complexity and driven by impact – apply now and join a team that is set to build the next large tech company!
We appreciate your interest in Apheris. Please fill in the following short form. Should you have any difficulties in uploading your files, please contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org